Goldwood School was built with money in the treasury of Goldwood Township (about a mile and a half on Center Ridge) which was left when Fairview withdrew from Goldwood Township to become Fairview Village (entire Goldwood Township had been the southern part of Rocky River Village prior to this). Officials of Rocky River Village promised people living on the west end of Center Ridge Road that money in the treasury would be used to build a school building if they would join Rocky River Village. This was done, much to the joy of all property owners on Center Ridge. September 1928, Goldwood School opened with about forty pupils. Miss Ethel Davis taught first and second grades, and Miss Emlen Cawrse taught third, fourth, fifth and sixth grades. Miss Cawrse served as principal. Many lots had been sold and homes erected which would have increased the attendance at Goldwood. Lots sold in the Anderson-Uffendell Division (now Forest Drive) and Wagar Road were not paid for in the depression days. In June 1931 Goldwood School was closed and pupils were transported to Beach School. After two years Wooster School was reopened.
Additions to the original Goldwood School were made in 1952, 1959 and 1975. The original Goldwood School became the Educational Service Center housing the Board of Education offices. The ESC was demolished in 2012 after the Board offices moved to the renovated wing of Beach School. The remaining Goldwood Primary School currently serves grades K-2.